29. sep. 2009

Three years on YouTube

Tomorrow, I celebrate three years on YouTube.

The first video I uploaded was a cover of Jack Johnson's "Rodeo Clowns".

As you can see, it showed mostly my arm. I've become less shy since then. I never knew what to expect of that first post really. I had just moved to a smaller town and it was hard to find people to play music with (except for the 1st graders I was teaching). So I thought, why not see what everybody thinks about my singing voice and guitar playing.

And here I am 5,825 subscribers later. Pretty cool!

I can attribute much of my current guitar playing style to Jack Johnson. And also to Jason Mraz. I covered his song "The Remedy" in my second video. Both artists were major influences back in 2002. I learned good stuff from watching and listening to them, and I'm still listening.

In honor of the three years on YouTube, and because I wanted to, I tried to design a new background for my Youtube channel today. On my computer screen it looks pretty good, if it looks really weird on your screens, please leave me a comment! :)

Also, do write me requests!

Enjoy your Tuesday!

3 kommentarer:

Clint Hollinson sagde ...

Lovely background Lene and it looks great my side :)

5,825 subs .. wow thats totally nuts, but fully deserved to what a great talent you are :D

I admire your style of guitar and now you mention Mr Mraz and Jack it makes perfect sense to me that you have taken them influences and moved them into your own tunes with similar style but your own touch added, not a very easy thing to achieve imo

great blog :)

-Clint

Anonym sagde ...

Hi Scribbletunes!
I work in 2 computers, a mac and a pc. Both of them, the bckg are not fitting the screen. Perhaps you need to make it smaller.
Overall, the design is pretty.
Congrats.

-- ED

PS. your blog settings is all in Danish? lol

A. sagde ...

Cool background. Everything looks great!

Demand Scribbletunes!