22. jun. 2014

Quotes from Jim Carrey's 2014 Maharishi University Commencement Speech

I love inspirational commencement speeches, and this one by Jim Carrey is awesome.

Here are the quotes from his speech which I thought were most memorable.

Let me know in the comments what you think of the speech, and if you have some favorite quotes that I left out.


Here goes...

"You can fail at what you don't want, so you might as well take a chance on doing what you love" 

"The effect you have on others is the most valuable currency there is" 

"To find real peace you have to let the armor go. Your need for acceptance can make you invisible in this world. Don't let anything stand in the way of the light that shines through this form. Risk being seen in all of your glory." 

 "I was concerned about going out into the world and doing something bigger than myself, until someone smarter than myself made me realize, that there is nothing bigger than myself" 

 "My soul is not contained within the limits of my body, my body is contained within the limitlessness of my soul" 

 "Our eyes are not viewers, they're also projectors that are running a second story over the picture that we see in front of us all the time. Fear is writing that script, and the working title is 'I'll never be enough'" 

 "Take a chance on faith. Not religion, but faith. Not hope, but faith. I don't believe in hope, hope is the beggar. Hope walks through the fire, and faith leaps over it." 

"You are ready and able to do beautiful things in this world. You will only ever have two choices- love or fear. Choose love, and don't ever let fear turn you against your playful heart"





And by the way, in the video, Jim Carrey reveals a too-big-for-your-home painting that you have to see for yourself. Who knew Jim Carrey was a painter, too?

Ingen kommentarer:

Demand Scribbletunes!